I won today!

Have you ever been blindsided by an action of a person you thought was part of your support team?  Part of you is surprised and then the other part of you is not.  I had this happen to me today.  And I will say that years and even months ago, I would have consoled myself with some type of food.  The unnecessary points would have just been a knock to my journey and my program.  But today was different.  I realized that the only person that could survive this situation was me.  Food would not survive but I would survive.  So I turned away from food and the emotional desire to eat.  The satisfaction and strength I gained during the day was immeasurable.  I am sure that the days ahead will be just as challenging as today but emotional eating lost today and I won!!!  It was a great day plus I walked 3 miles!
When you are blindsided, how do you beat emotional eating? Please share your stories of strength and survival…it is part of everyone’s journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment