One Delayed Flight and a Weekend of Changes

My weekend “to do” list began on Thursday and it looked like a roadmap from Birmingham to who knows where.  Since I had so craftily explained storyboarding in the meeting room last week, I thought why not approach my weekend the same way.  The ultimate goal would be survival and a great weekend.
Each box was a day with a “to do” list.  I find great pleasure in crossing off the simplest of task such as dusting! After school Thursday, I ran to the grocery store and then home to begin dinner before leading my night meeting.  After all of the running, B calls to say his flight home was delayed 40 minutes.  This began the red marks of rearranging events and the skill of being adaptable. A haircut had to be re-scheduled as well as other Friday morning plans thanks to SW! By Saturday an unexpected death re-arranged Sunday. K changed her plans to go to the lake and my Sunday Supper meal was cancelled.
All of this to say, my storyboard now resembles one of my early term papers with items crossed off, arrows pointing items to a new day and a refrigerator full of food.
This weekend reminds me of the value of being able to be flexible with your self and with your weight watchers journey and NOT giving in or giving up!  With all of the changes, I actually had a few minutes for my self to do nothing!  Taking time for me allows me to realize I did survive the weekend.  All family members still love each other. And most importantly, I did not stress out and eat for comfort!
So take time this week for yourself and share how you handle those best laid plans that can change with one delayed or unexpected event?

No comments:

Post a Comment