Stick To It

January 30

I discovered at the last minute that I needed to create a display board representing what I teach in my classroom.  I began to gather supplies and ideas began to flow.  But the next step would be how to attach buttons, a tape measure, a money can, measuring spoons and other items to a display board.  A glue stick would not be strong enough and I had too many items for my fingers to survive the hot glue gun so I resorted to a can of spray adhesive.  The only problem with this choice is everything around gets sticky.  However, I did discover the t-shirt needed a few straight pins, the measuring spoons had to be tied down, and clear strapping tape was needed for the can and a spool of thread.  The end result was more than one form of stickiness was needed but in the end I was rather proud of my display board and my students offered cash for their next assignment!

We have so many selections when it comes to stick something to something.  If only we had a glue stick, packing tape, or spray adhesive to force us to "stick to our program"!  Wednesday night the words "I may not like activity but I love the results" have stuck with me as motivation to move more. In addition to our PP system, WW provides us with many Tools for Living to be successful but as a member we have to select the one that works for us.  The Tool of choice may work for a period of time and sometimes the Tool may be a daily choice. Just like my display board needed more than one form of adhesive, one Tool may not be enough for you. An anchor, learning from experience, your winning outcome, positive self talk, or asking for help - what keeps you focused and stuck to your journey?

Oprah wants to know if Jennifer has inspired you!  Check out this link
  https://www.oprah.com/ownshow/plug_form.html?plug_id=7132106

No comments:

Post a Comment