Eat like your Pet!

February 6
If I would only eat like Ella!  Ella is our cat.   Every morning Ella is given the same portion of food.  She nibbles for a few minutes and then walks away.  During the day as the mood strikes, she will nibble a bit more.  Many evenings when I return, Ella still has food left in her bowl. There is no need to worry, Ella is healthy and gets plenty of exercise.
I have noticed this true hunger eating pattern in the multitude of birds on our feeders as well.  So what lessons can we learn from our furry friends? Beginning with portion control, stopping when satisfied, and eating only when we are hungry would be a great place.  True hunger is body hunger while emotional hunger is head hunger.  Learning to identify body hunger is essential to a healthy lifestyle. I always chuckle when I reflect on an Oprah episode in which she said that when her stomach growled she would refer it to as the sound of burning calories rather than the sound of it is time to eat!  How do you identify true hunger and not eating just because?
While Ella may have this technique under control at our house it would be a whole lot easier if everyone in my family would be on the same hungry schedule and pattern as me!  Join us in the meeting room this week and share how you identify true hunger.

Yogurt update:  I asked the dairy stock person at Publix about WW yogurt.  The response included how they lost 44 items one week and they were replaced with 47 items.  The Greek Yogurt brands are so popular they took over the ww spots.  I expressed my sadness!  You may want to share your sadness with a manager as well!

1 comment:

  1. Diane, I think I'll stick with Weight Watchers! My dog had to go on a major diet because he couldn't self-regulate. If there is food, he will eat it. I missed both Monday and Tuesday this week - first time in a very, very long time. But I'll be back on Monday. Mary

    ReplyDelete