What's in your bag?

WOW!!!  I loved Jennifer on Oprah!  It was so inspiring to hear that her Aha moment was after a weight gain on week 3.  How many of us have experienced that moment?  Luckily for me, my DVR was still programmed to tape Oprah on Friday.  While I am not a loyal View watcher, I did enjoy the “What is in your purse” segment to look at the personalities of the ladies of The View.  All of the ladies had rather interesting items in their purse from a real book to an iPad to a pacifier.  Whether it was trivial or not, it spoke to who and where they are at this moment in their life.
I used this segment and the Jennifer episode to inspire me as I prepared for our meeting this week on our DIY kitchen makeover.  For further research, I retreated to HGTV and every kitchen makeover show I could enjoy.  My aha moment watching HGTV came when each host would respond that in design you stay loyal to the principles of design but then work within your own budget, taste, and preferences.  That is it…that is ww and PP.
We work each day with the tools we have been given with our PP program and then we make it work within our lifestyle!  Now the task at hand is to update to a ww friendly kitchen!  Open the fridge and the pantry and take a good hard look……what does your environment say about your personality?  Is it full of trigger foods or is it speaking volumes about your new lifestyle?
Considering the weather will hit the 60’s this week, let’s do some spring cleaning and get rid of those trigger foods (and for all of you hoarders of cookies and chips– that is another day!) and make over our kitchens to work within our PP budget, taste, power foods and preferences!
Recap of Jennifer’s interview with Oprah.

No comments:

Post a Comment